History: This bowl was handcrafted from a Red Elm tree (Ulmus rubra) that grew in the courtyard of Gore Hall at Winthrop House. When Gore Hall was rebuilt in 1913, two large Red Elms were planted on opposite sides of the courtyard. In 2016, 103 years after being planted, these massive trees were removed to facilitate the ongoing House Renewal projects.
Dimensions: 8" length x 4"
Bowl Number: #13 of 40